ALL PARTY COMMITTEE ON SWACHH HYD REVIEW HMWSSB ACTIVITIES 04.06.2015
The All Party Committee, constituted for Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWSSB) & Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) as part of the Swachh Hyderabad campaign toured some areas in Hyderabad on the 4th June 2015 morning to know the first hand information on some civic issues. They visited Attapur, Tejaswi Colony, Palle Cheruvu, Mailardev Pally Nala, Edi Bazaar, Santoshnagar, Imlibun Park etc.
Later on, a meeting was held at Golkonda Hotel, Chaired by Sri.N.Narasimha Reddy Garu, Hon’ble Minister for Home, Sri.T.Padma Rao Garu, Hon’ble Minister for Excise and attended by Sri.K.Keshava Rao Garu, Hon’ble MP(RS), Sri.C.Malla Reddy Garu, Hon’ble MP, Malkajgiri, Sri.T.Prakash Goud Garu, Hon’ble MLA, Rajendranagar, Sri.Akbaruddin Owaisi Garu, Hon’ble MLA, Chandrayanagutta, Sri.SAH Jafri Garu, Hon’ble MLC, Sri.Somesh Kumar, IAS, Special Officer, GHMC, Sri.M.Jagadeeshwar, IAS, Managing Director, HMWSSB and other Senior officers of both HMWSSB and GHMC.
The meeting mainly reviewed the Metro Water Board activities after a Power Point Presentation was made by Managing Director, HMWSSB.
- The Committee stressed upon the need to constitute an Expert Committee to study the life of pipeline, leakages, pollution and reduce UFW(Unaccounted For Water).
- To a point raised about the heavy expenditure being incurred by HMWSSB on Power Cost and sought Power Subsidy, the Committee agreed to recommend it to the Government.
- The Committee strongly observed that sewage should be stopped to flow in to nalas which has become a health hazard to the citizens. And explore new technologies in this regard. Also it should be enforced to see that the hotels, hostels or any such establishment letting out sewerage into drainage system to use silt traps to avoid chokages.
- The Committee also observed that presently the existing sewerage system is inadequate and should be strengthened.
- The Committee observed that an action plan be prepared for immediate, short time and long term solutions to solve civic problems for making Hyderabad Swachh(Clean)
- The Committee decided to meet again on 6th June 2015.