TRAIL RUN AND COMMISSIONED OF GODAVARI DRINKING WATER SUPPLY SCHEME ON 24.11.2015
Sri. K.Taraka Rama Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Panchayath Raj and Information Technology, GovtTS witness the Trail Run and Commissioning of Godavari Drinking Water Supply Scheme at Ghanpur, Near Shamirpet on Tuesday the 24th November 2015.
Dr.B.Janardhan Reddy, IAS, Managing Director, Sri. M.Satyanarayana, Executive Director, Sri.S.Prabhakar Sharma, Director(Technical), Sri. G.Rameshwar Rao, Director (Operations), Sri.M.Konda Reddy, Director(Projects-2), Dr.P.S.Suryanarayana, Director(Revenue), HMWSSB participated in the programme.
DETAILS OF PROJECT
The Godavari Drinking Water Supply Project was formulated to bring 172 Mgd from Yellampally barriage, Godavari River.
The main project is from Murmur, Yellampally Barriage to Ghanpur Reservoir at Shameerpet.
Main Project Cost Rs.3375 Crs.
- The pipeline diameter - 3000mm.
- Total length of main pipeline - 186 Kms.
- No. of stages of pumping: 4 Stages.
- First stage pumping: From Murmur to Bommakal. Length : 54 Kms.
- Second stage pumping: From Bommakal to Mallaram. Length: 48 Kms.
- Third stage pumping: From Mallaram to Kondapaka. Length: 24 Kms.
- Fourth stage pumping: From Kondapaka to Ghanapur, Shameerpet. Length: 60 Kms.
- Head works pumping: At Murmur, Yellampally barriage.
- Intermediate Pumping: At Bommakal, Raw water pumping station.
At Mallaram, clear water pumping station.
At Kondapaka, clear water pumping station.
- WTP: At Mallaram – 172 Mgd capacity . (750 MLD).
- Pumps and motors: 3 Mega Watt capacity at four locations.
- At each pump house location 9 pumps and motors are installed.
- 6 pumps will be working and 3 will be in standby.
- Separate electrical sub-stations and transmission towers were erected at each location.
- Major pipeline bridges – Across Maneru river at Manakondur – 700 mts length.
Across Mohidi Mada river at Renigunta – 300 mts length.
Godavari Ring Mains for distribution: Project Cost Rs. 350 Crs.
i) Ring Main-1 from Ghanpur reservoir to Lingampally reservoir – Size – 1800mm dia - Length - 37.83 Km. Carrying capacity – 86 Mgd.
ii) Ring Main-2 from Ghanpur reservoir to Sainikpuri reservoir – Size – 1800 mm dia – Length - 30.52 Km. Carrying capacity – 86 Mgd.
- Main project trial run started by 23.10.2015
- Water reached to Ghanpur MBR on 24.11.2015.
- The distribution of water through Ring Mains is also being taken up simultaneously.
- Initially Ring Main-1 is being commissioned to transmit water to Lingampally Reservoir and followed by Ring Main-II to Sainikpuri.