WATER BULLETIN ON 16.12.2015
Sri.K.Taraka Rama Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Panchayath Raj and Information Technology, GoTS accompanied by Sri.Talasani Srinivas Yadav, Hon’ble Minister for Commercial Taxes and Cinematography, GoTS inspected the on-going progress of Hussainsagar Lake Improvement Project here on Wednesday the 16th December 2015.
Dr.B.Janardhan Reddy, IAS, Managing Director, Sri.M.Satyanarayana, Executive Director, Sri.G.Rameshwar Rao, Director(Operations), Sri.M.Yallaswamy, Director (Projects-1), Sri.M.Konda Reddy, Director(Projects-2), HMWSSB were present on the occasion.
DETAILS OF THE PROJECT:
- 1. HUSSAIN SAGAR LAKE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT-
Trunk Sewer for diversion of sewage from Kukatpally Nala.
- As per Hon’ble Chief Minister’s instructions, HMWSSB has taken up laying of trunk sewer main project for a length of 2.8 Kms at a DPR cost of Rs.58 Cr.
- Works taken up in 4 packages from Kukatpally Nala entry to Marriot Hotel.
- Pipeline sizes are 1600dia, 2200dia and 2375mm dia.
- Discharge capacity is 570 Mld.
- Presently, only 100mld of sewage is slipping in to lake.
- However for future requirements it is designed for ultimate flows to ensure 100% prevention of pollution to the lake.
- So far about 2.0 Kms laying of pipeline is completed, balance 0.8 Km will be completed in next two months.
- Pipes are laid being at deeper depths at 8M below. Power cables, water supply trunk mains and encountering rock, traffic problems etc., are causing for slow progress.
- Crossing Ranigunj road and laying pipeline in Nala in between burial ground was completed.
- Sewerage diversion works from all nalas were already completed.
- The brief salient details are as below.
- Package-I – Total length - 650 Rmt.
- Package-II – Total length - 1000 Rmt.
- Package-III – Total length - 1000 Rmt.
- Package-IV – Total length - 200 Rmt.
Total length – 2850 Rmt.
- Illegal drawl of water by directly fixing motors to the connection. Ten Motors seized from Krishna Nagar by the Task force team under Dilsukhnagar section, O&M Division No.X, Sahebnagar.