WATER BULLETIN ON 28.12.2015
A meeting was conducted with Green Brigade Agencies, Billing & Collection agencies and meter readers on 28.12.2015.
In the meeting it was discussed at length and the following points noted:
- In some places customers are removing the meters complaining of low pressure.
- In some places meter chambers are not in place enabling easy removal.
- In some places meter was fixed in wrong direction and therefore meter reading was abnormal.
- In some places meter reading showed an abnormal jump which needs to be corrected.
- In some places meter is struck and therefore meter reading could not be given.
The meeting resolved to take up the matter at next higher levels and see to it that
- Stiff penalties are proposed for those who remove meters.
- The average of 15KL/PM levied for 15mm connection may be enhanced disconnecting those who tend to remove meter.
- Notices are proposed to be given to who tend to remove meters.
As Board is proposing to come down with a heavy hand on those without meters, customers are advised not to remove the meters from the pipeline and help the Board account for the water.