WATER BULLETIN-II ON 26.02.2016
- The Managing Director, HMWSSB reviewed with Directors and Chief Vigilance Officer regarding regularization of unauthorized water connections and conversion of category from domestic to commercial.
- So far 12,224 illegal connections were regularized since March 2014 through voluntary disclosure scheme (VDS) and an amount of Rs. 4.4 Crores was collected from the consumers.
- 46 Criminal cases were booked against the consumers for taking illegal connections.
- Show cause notices were issued to about 27 employees in the last year for irregularities and punishment is awarded to 10 employees.
- At present connections are released through GPRS enabled Green Brigade app only. The connection will be released after taking photograph of the premises there is no scope for any irregularity.
- Conversion of connections from Domestic to Commercial is in progress. Consumers were given time till 31st March 2016. Afterwards HMWSSB will take action.
- Citizens who are having unauthorized water connection are requested to apply immediately through Metro water website (hyderabadwater.gov.in) to regularize their connections, otherwise board contemplates to take stringent action against the offenders.
- Consumers are requested to inform Metro customer care 155313 if anyone is found taking unauthorized water connection.
- Obtaining a water connection is made more easy by HMWSSB through the website and the prospective consumers are encouraged to use it.