WATER BULLETIN 27.03.2016
The Managing Director, HMWSSB had reviewed with Directors, General Manager(QAT) and other O&M CGMs(Engg.) and General Managers(Engg.) regarding quality of water supplied by HMWSSB.
- The complaints of supplying unwholesome water in Kameshwar Rao Nagar of Saroornagar, Rajiv Nagar and Ambedkar Nagar of Alwal, Prince Bodyguard lane of Malakpet and Church Colony, Gokul Nagar of Ramanthapur areas have been rectified immediately and presently potable water is being supplied.
- Institute of Health Systems has tested 11247 samples up to 24th in the month of March 2016 out of which 7 samples are found to be bacteriologically Unwholesome which constitutes about 0.06 %. It was observed that most of the existing distribution network in Saroornagar, Alwal, Malakpet, Ramanthapur was laid very long back with RCC/AC/PVC/HDPE which is below 5 to 6 feet from the ground and is susceptible to infiltration process as the sewer lines are laid above the said water supply network. The replacement of such network is being taken up in some of the areas under HUDCO funding scheme.
- Due to resorting to the deeper drawing points below the ground level (pit taps) and also below sewer lines, in the above areas the water contamination is observed and the residents are being advised to avoid such pit taps in their premises and the immediate rectification of water pollution and restoration of quality of water supply is maintained by the Board.
- Daily about 2180 water samples per day are being taken up by HMWSSB QAT Wing, Institute of Health Systems, Institute of preventive maintenance, women self help group. GMs are rectifying the complaints as and when they are noticed.
- The HMWSSB is closely monitoring the water supply including the quality parameters on regular basis to ensure the safe and potable water to its consumers in its service area. Strict instructions were given to all O&M CGMs/GMs/DGMs/Managers to be vigilant and redress the contamination of water complaints at faster pace.