THE HMWSS HAS ISSUED GUIDELINES TO AVAIL 20 KL FREE DRINKING WATER SCHEME THROUGH A PRESS NOTIFICATION ISSUED ON 23.01.2021
As per the guidelines issued by Government all Domestic-Slum, Domestic-Individual, Domestic- Multi Storeyed Building(MSB)/Bulk connections are eligible for 20 KL (20000 liters) free water supply once they link their Customer Account Numbers (CAN) with Aadhaar as per G.O.Ms. No.211, MA&UD (MA) Department, Dt: 02-12-2020.
Further, Domestic-Slum connections are NOT required to fix meters for availing the scheme, however, other Domestic-Individual, Domestic-MSB/Bulk connections shall get "Functional Meters Fixed" to their connections for scheme eligibility.
- HMWSSB itself is training Meter readers to visit houses, in order to facilitate the "Domestic Slum" house owner’s Aadhar Linkage with the respective Consumer Account Numbers.
- Domestic-Individual & Domestic MSB/Bulk consumers shall either visit Meeseva centers or HMWSSB website for linking the house owner’s Aadhaar with their CAN numbers. For which arrangements are being done.
- Name corrections as per Aadhaar are allowed on HMWSSB website.
- For more clarification, they can call CRMC (Customer Relationship Management Centre) 155313 which functions in two shifts from 09:00 am to 09:00 pm with 25 number of lines and desk executives for the details.
- Empanelment of Metering Agencies: In response to HMWSSB’s invitation, several metering firms have submitted “Expression of Interest” for supply of mechanical meters to citizens. Accordingly, 24 agencies have been empanelled for supply of mechanical meters of 15mm & 20mm sizes, as per the specifications approved by HMWSSB, with 2 agencies for each division.
- HMWSSB Domestic-Individual & Domestic-Multi Storeyed Building(MSB) consumers with connection sizes of 15mm & 20mm can visit Website www.hyderabadwater.gov.inà Free Water Supply Scheme tabà Emapanelled Metering Agencies tab -- for details of firms supplying meters to various locations in the city, consumers can directly contact the agencies, purchase the meters & get fixed.
- Approved rates of meters supplied by above metering firms, including cost of meter, GST @ 18% & fixing charges, is as below:
15mm Size – Meter cost Rs.1100-00
GST @ 18 % Rs. 198-00
Fixing charges Rs. 200-00
20mm Size – Meter Cost Rs.1650-00
GST @ 18% Rs. 297-00
Fixing charges Rs. 200-00
Presently, 1 Lakh meters are available for supply by all the agencies put together. The agencies will take up further manufacture of meters in due course.
Billing: Domestic Slum connections whose Aadhaar authentication is completed, are eligible for 20 KL FWS with effect from 01.12.2020.
For CANs with functional meters as on 01.12.2020 AND whose Aadhaar authentication is completed From 01-04-2021 Free Water Rebate Bills will be issued "with effect from 01.12.2020", for all 4 months at once to all Domestic-Individual/MSB/Bulk consumers, dividing the readings for the 4 months. If consumption is beyond 20 KL per month, bill will be charged for such excess consumption.
- For CANs which fixed meters after 01.12.2020 AND whose Aadhaar authentication is completed - From 01-04-2021 Bills will be issued with effect from date on which meter is fixed, to all Domestic-Individual/MSB/Bulk consumers. The Rebate will be effective from date of fixing of meter. For previous period, i.e. from 01.12.2020 to prior to the date of fixing of meter, bills will be issued as per existing tariff rates.
- For CANs which do not fix functional meters by 31.03.2021 AND Aadhaar authentication is NOT completed– Bills will be issued and the CAN is charged as per existing tariff from 01-12-2020, without interest for 4 months upto 31.03.2021
- Other Domestic-Individual & MSB/Bulk CANs with functional meters as on 01.12.2020 AND whose Aadhaar authentication is completed are eligible for 20 KL free water supply with effect from 01.12.2020. If consumption is beyond 20 KL per month, bill will be charged for such excess consumption.
- Other Domestic-Individual & MSB/Bulk CANs which fixed meters after 01.12.2020 are eligible for 20 KL free water supply from date of fixing of meter.
However, the scheme will continue to be in force after 01.04.2021 and the consumers can avail 20 KL free water rebate from the date they fix functional meter and complete Aadhaar authentication.